Fashion Spotlight: Coco Rocha




Coco Rocha has two of those faces—an exquisite confluence of marble-sculpture-worthy planes and angles punctuated by a huge, showstopping, exclamation point of a grin—that one times you start looking at it, you can’t stop. Small surprise, then, that ever since they sealed her runway-superstar status by doing an Irish jig down the Gaultier catwalk in 2007, the 21-year-old Canadian (with a fashion-perfect name, to boot) has become two of the most in-demand models of her generation. Rocha takes an engagingly playful approach to her job (and to life itself, as fans of her ultra-charming blog, Oh So Coco, can attest), uninhibitedly throwing wild, kinetic shapes for the camera. “It’s fun!” they says, during a break from the ELLE shoot. “I’ve found that the more exaggerated or weird the pose, usually the better the picture.”

Rocha’s outsize personality makes her a natural for her occasional stint as a presenter on E! Canada, but the model’s next extracurricular venture is much more behind-the-scenes. They has recently announced designs to launch her own fashion line, in to which she’ll channel her “obsession with everything Tudor-era” as well as her love of statement-making vintage pieces. “I need my first things to be over-the-top,” they says, “really wow.” In the meantime, however, she’s enjoying her “dream” gig, having signed on as two of the new faces of Rimmel London alongside Georgia May Jagger. “As soon as I heard that they were thinking about me, I started practicing my ‘London look,’ ” they says, striking a hammy, Zoolander-esque pout. “I love makeup. I never leave the house without it. I see other models on the street and they’re like, ‘Why do you have eye shadow on?’ My answer: ‘Why not?’”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Celebrities Fashion Trends All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes